Ren has always been a very overdramatic puppy. (I don't really help because when she wines out of "pain" I give her a few comforting pets. I suppose this is why she thinks it's ok). She always tries to dominate older dogs, and unfortunately, our older dog Ben, doesn't seem to bothered by it. So that means that she is extremely rude. Luckily Roxanne's dogs will have non of that and often put her in her place (thankfully).
Basically, she pretends to be tough and the boss of everything, but when she gets slightly, grazed she pretends the world is ending. We'll work through it.
What's interesting though is that Pree has decided to tell Ren how to be a proper lady. From laying next to her to comfort her or to chase her off when she's being a brat. I'm really interested to see how that whole thing is going to turn out.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ren has been doing wonderful with her training and I'm really happy with what kind of dog she is, and will strive to be. Can't wait to do the foundation course to add on the extra layer of ME being in charge. Maybe it'll teach her to be less of a baby as well...
--Leon
Like I shared during Ren's final puppy class today, do NOT touch her or baby her when she whines OR you will have a whining dog which is nauseating.
ReplyDeleteBesides Ren learning the Puppy Sit, Stand and Down, Ren has learned the commands of 'Touch', 'Let's Go', 'Step', 'Move', 'Wait', 'Get it' & 'Place'. Ren has also learned to run with a pack of dogs, to respect other dogs boundaries, to back off when they tell her to 'Stop that!', good manners and how to be respectful towards mature dogs.
Ren is a joy. Leon you did a really excellent job of following my instructions in training your first EVER puppy and you will make an outstanding student in Ren's formal obedience training, my FOUNDATION Course, which will begin this week.
Told you the short time from bringing Ren home at 7 weeks old to her being 16 weeks old would FLY by. It is gone, Ren's puppytime. Time for real school so she can grow up and learn to be obedient as a young dog.
Loved having you and Ren in this Course, Leon.