Saturday, March 5, 2016

Cranio-sacral for baby goats

Kayleigh 's mom here. 

As you may have guessed, because of the Border Collie and Anatolians, we live on a farm. I raise sheep and goats, and hopefully soon, rare Glouchester old spot pigs. Just had to share this as I feel it is of interest to all. The first baby goat was born on March 3rd. Her mom is a veteran and the birth was easy and uneventful.

However as Inwas drying her off , I noticed that her neck was twisted back over her left shoulder. We could not straighten it. She could not stand although she could move her legs. I was able to bottle feed her, but after 4 hours she still could not stand nor had she voided. I took her to good friend and neighbor Bailey Tune, who is an amazing Cranio- sacral therapist( trained by Upledjer himself!).



In 5 minutes she was able to loosen the neck. After which the floodgates opened. Good thing we had put towels down. I left Bailey 's with a little doe who could stand! We returned the next day for another session, Bailey said "take her home let her rest, give her a few days to process. " 
Today there is no evidence of her hideous neck torsion. If it weren't for Bailey, I am quite sure we would have lost her. Will post pics soon as my son can show me how. This was nothing short of a miracle, and BTW, Bailey is a human therapist and probably within an hours drive of every one on the blog.


By that afternoon I had a bouncing baby goat, ready to take on the world.


Hope this info will serve to provide hope if you have a loved one have any spinal issues.

Laurie

1 comment:

  1. Laurie,

    Please post pictures....this is an amazing true story.

    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete