Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Hank and The Mannerly Puppy Course - Testimonial

I first met Roxanne at my vet’s office. My German Shepherd was an older puppy at the time we rescued her and pretty much past any effective puppy training option. Roxanne said there was a small window left where I could lay the puppy foundation, so I jumped in. It was a lot more work because my shepherd already had her own opinions on proper dog behavior, but we succeeded under Roxanne’s guidance.

I jumped in again when I had the opportunity to get a well-bred lab puppy to train in dog obedience and therapy certification. By this time I had helped Roxanne with several litter temperament tests and knew what a difference it makes when selecting a puppy. After Roxanne tested the lab litter, she recommended the puppy best suited for therapy training.

Positive imprinting of a very young puppy makes so much difference. This fact I know well! Roxanne’s step by step process is so effective when you take the time to do it. It’s consistently saying the right words, molding the desired behaviors, and following through on commands, over and over again. You see that it’s laying the foundation for dog obedience and future training tracks if that’s your goal, but your pup sees it as trusting you as the pack leader. And this relationship is important whether you desire a good family pet or you continue with long-term training ambitions.

Successfully completing this course with my young puppy was so much easier than with my older one. Still work, trust me. But I can see how this foundation will make continued training a team effort between me and my pup, and not a battle of wills.

I’ve trained three dogs with Roxanne, each starting from a different life stage and temperament. By far, starting with Roxanne's Mannerly Puppy training is the best way to go.

As proof, these photos could not have been taken without each going through Roxanne's methods. Meet Hank, the mannerly puppy graduate with Sophie the GSD and Riley the mild mannered big sister.



No comments:

Post a Comment